Each year the Lander Brewfest awards a 1st, 2nd and 3rd place Champion for a pre-selected style of beer. At the 2017 Lander Brewfest the judged beer style is German or American Wheats . 2016 style was porters/stouts. 2015 style was American IPAs and the 2014 style was pale ales. See the list of 2016 winners, 2015 winners and the LBF Champions’ Hall of Fame.
The Lander Brewfest brews are judged by a committee of professional and non-professional judges. Judging takes place on Friday and awards are announced and handed out on Saturday. In addition to the Champion’s Awards, a PEOPLE CHOICE BEST BREWERY award is distributed to the brewery that collects the most votes via token over the course of the two day event.
2016 Brewer Submissions
1. Altitude Chophouse & Brewery, 7200 American Stout, Laramie, WY
2. Black Tooth Brewing, Pops Pourage Maple Oatmeal Stout, Sheridan, WY
3. Bohemian Brewery, Cherny Bock Schwarzbier- Black Lager, Midvale, UT
4. Clear Creek Brewing, Chicken Bus Milk Stout, Buffalo, WY
5. Coal Creek Tap, CoalTrain, Belgian-Coffee-Stout, Laramie, WY
6. Grand Teton Brewing, Black Cauldron – Imperial Stout, Victor, ID
7. Madison River Brewing, Black Ghost Oatmeal Stout, Belgrade, MT
8. Roosters Brewing Company, Iron Rooster Imperial Stout, Odgen, UT
9. Sawtooth Brewing, Last Chair Stout, Ketchum, ID
10. Sheep Mountain Brewery, Bob’s Oatmeal Stout, Laramie, WY
11. Snake River Brewing, Zonker Stout, Jackson, WY
12. Wind River Brewing, Restoring Order Porter, Pinedale, WY